`Civil Society. Dialogue for Progress` is carrying out research activities related to the general framework conditions facing civil society organisations in Azerbaijan. The mapping study, currently being finalized is focusing on the following areas:
- Legal environment – legislation and NGO registration;
- CSO – state relations – participation in decision making process;
- CSO – relations with various groups, including the private sector, donors, mass media and international organisations;
- Internal problems of CSOs – organizational capacities, infrastructure and public advocacy;
- Implications and suggestions.
The research is being carried out based on face-to-face interviews and focus groups discussions with 200 civil society organisations (CSOs). Moreover, desk research methodologies are being employed and the appropriate implications and recommendations are being formulated through collection of supplementary data.