'Civil Society. Dialogue for Progress' aims at supporting civil society organisations in the Eastern Partnership countries to become stronger players in policy dialogue. By empowering CSOs and strengthen their capacities we intend to create a more level playing field, thus giving them the best possibilities to get involved with their respective national and local authorities. Ownership to this process is key in order to ensure sustainability and consequently create long-term dialogue processes with a maximum of success.
Our Core Beliefs
- The engagement of civil society actors in reforms and policies is necessary to ensure that local priorities are taken on board.
- Society is given a voice through civil society representation and participation in dialogues with the government.
- Enhanced capacities of civil society actors improve their expertise and policy input, thus making governments more likely to take their opinion into account.
- Policies and reform processes become more favourable to our countries’ citizens through civil society involvement as social services are improved, corruption is reduced, and citizens can see the tangible results of their civic participation.
Our Key Activities
Research and Mapping
- Proactive country mappings assessing the environment in which civil society organisations function and operate in the six Eastern Partnership countries;
- Identification of key players actively involved in policy dialogue; • Assessment of the capacities and needs of CSOs to engage in policy dialogue;
- Ongoing research activities tailor-made on the demands and specific needs of civil society or the European Delegations;
- Research results feed directly into EU roadmaps and strategies.
Training and Capacity Development
- Tailor-made face-to-face trainings on organizational development, advocacy, policy influence and public policy monitoring for civil society organisations in the Eastern Partnership countries;
- A train-the-trainers programme focused on advocacy and policy dialogue;
- Three e-learning courses on different topics and levels accessible to all.
Support for EU Project Applications and Management
- Information about upcoming calls from the EU and other Donors;
- Improving the understanding of project application processes through information sessions and trainings on EU project preparation;
- Tailor-made trainings on EU project management, including i.e. visibility, communication, networking, partnership and monitoring;
- Promoting and supporting networking and joint project initiatives between civil society organisations from the EaP countries.
Engagement in Policy Dialogue
- Identification of key areas of civil society´s engagement in policy dialogue within the European Neighbourhood Policy;
- Facilitating networking amongst civil society organisations to more powerfully engage in policy dialogue through multi-stakeholder meetings;
- Assisting civil society organisations in drafting policy papers in selected sector policies.